A picture of some of the things I ate this week:
1. Paleo pancakes. One banana, two eggs, a tad of vanilla, and some cinnamon. On top is applesauce, made with just apples and nothing else.
2. Stuffed peppers! Inside is ground turkey, mushrooms, spinach, onion, and garlic.
3. The closest thing to oatmeal I’ve eaten in a really long time: one butternut squash, some coconut milk, blueberries, and cinnamon.
4. A salad from the salad bar at the grocery store.
5. Most of the time I throw protein in a pan, some vegetables, and hope for the best. This meal surpassed every expectation I had. I cut the meat off of chicken thighs and marinated it in rice vinegar, lime juice, and liquid aminos. The result was flavorful, Asian-y chicken that paired nicely with the veggies I sautéed. I put green onions on top to round out the dish and then I spied some Thai lime cashews on the counter so I smashed those up and sprinkled them on top. It was pretty amazing. Jason said it was one of the best meals he’s had in a long time which I took as a compliment even though WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE PAST TEN DINNERS, PAL? I keed, I keed. I’m thrilled it went over so well and it will definitely be made again.